4205 Higel Avenue - Pending
4 Beds | 4.5 Baths | 7,003 sq. ft.
Luxury Home for Sale in Sarasota, FL | A4478190
Villa del Paradiso on Siesta Key
“Villa del Paradiso” — a Palladian-inspired masterpiece on Siesta Key with 120-ft. waterfront on Coconut Bayou. Lovingly designed and orchestrated by the owner, a connoisseur of architectural history and importer of European antiques, this residence surrounds you with beauty, comfort and an authenticity where every detail is finished to perfection. The entire structure is mathematically perfect, with each room reflecting geometric ratios between other rooms, establishing a sense of order, reason and balance. Gentle arches, intricate ceilings, artistic finishes and architectural accents attest to the home’s impressive nuances. The arched double front doors are three-inch thick Russian pine with hand-forged wrought iron hardware, all the light fixtures are repurposed antiques, the marble fireplace in the grand room is a faithful 17th century reproduction, the powder room sink is an 18th century Italian grotto fountain with clam shell basin, the coffered ceiling in the library is hand-carved plaster, and the hand-chiseled no-grout travertine flooring is set in different patterns to delineate spaces. Every room is designed so there is a beautiful view to the outside as well as an architecturally beautiful view inside.
At the heart of Villa del Paradiso is the central grand room that opens to a covered loggia spanning the full width of the home. Both spaces feature marble fireplaces and can easily host 100+ people. The large formal dining room connects to the kitchen via a butler’s pantry. Exquisite marble surfaces elevate the spacious kitchen which is appointed with solid-wood cabinets, center island, apron sink carved from Italian stone, two dishwashers, walk-in pantry with extra refrigerator and family dining room.
Private quarters include four bedrooms on the second floor, accessed via open hallways that act as balconies overlooking the grand room. All bedrooms have hand-finished walnut wood floors, walk-in closets and ensuite baths. The master suite features a fireplace with hand-carved Italian mantel and large outdoor deck overlooking the pool and Coconut Bayou. The elaborately detailed master bath has marble double vanity perched on 18th-century-style pedestals and six-foot soaking tub carved from a single block of Italian rose marble.
Additional features include a commercial-grade elevator, whole-house sound system, garage space for up to 12 vehicles, gated entry, mature privacy landscape and private beach access. The tropical garden is intimately linked to the home and includes a heated pool decorated by two puttis riding dolphins carved out of antique Italian stone. A deep-water dock on Coconut Bayou provides easy access to Sarasota Bay and the Gulf of Mexico.
This stunning waterfront residence has the advantage of being minutes from the #1-rated beach in the world, Siesta Key Village, Sarasota Memorial Hospital and Downtown Sarasota. Request a feature sheet to see a detailed list of amenities. Video and 3D Home Tour available.
4205 Higel Avenue
Request Information for 4205 Higel Avenue
4205 Higel Avenue
- 0.4 acre with 110-ft. waterfront on
- Palladian-inspired design of balance, proportion and symmetry
- 7,003 sq. ft. A/C | 13,420 sq. ft. total
- 4 bedrooms with walk-in closets and ensuite baths
- • High ceilings:
– 12-ft. on first floor
– 10-ft. on second floor
- Deep crown molding, ornamental friezes and carved cornices
- Hand-chiseled, joint-set travertine flooring with no grout lines with different patterns to delineate spaces (imported from Italy)
- Solid walnut flooring hand-finished in place with an antique wax finish
- Antique light fixtures sourced from Europe and Addison Mizner properties
- Russian pine solid-wood doors with hand-carved details and hand-forged wrought iron hardware
- Hand-finished plaster walls
- Eagle impact-glass windows and doors with a wood interior
- Window sills are one solid piece of stone from exterior to interior
- 3 stone fireplaces are 17th century Venetian replicas
- Master bath features soaking tub carved from a solid block of Italian rose marble
- 3-stop elevator
- 12-car garage
- Powder room sink is an 18th century, hand-carved, white marble, Italian grotto fountain
- Covered loggia spans the full width of the home
- 4 A/C units
- Sound system throughout
- Spanish clay barrel tile roof
- Heated pool
- Mature privacy landscape
- Dock with deep sailboat water
- Private gated beach access with parking and grills